Do you Want a Faster and More Reliable LSU Wi-Fi Experience?
It’s Easy if You Geaux Dual Band…
**NOTE** Parents &/or Alternate Payers: To pay the Fee Bill for someone other than yourself, please use the myProxy Portal?.
Students: Pay Your Fee Bill
1. Log into myLSU.
2. Expand Registration Services, and click Fee Bill.
3. Select the Semester and the Year.
4. Click View Fee Bill.
5. You Fee Bill will display with your available Payment Options. Click the button that corresponds with the payment method you would like to use:
- Click Pay by Credit Card to pay the amount due with a credit card. (2.5% processing fee assessed)
- Click Pay by Bank Draft to pay the amount due from a checking or savings account. (no processing fees)
[Return to the Connect to Secure Wireless: LSU Overview]
Determine 5 GHz Network Band Capability
Check on Windows:
1. Click the Windows Start button.
2. Search "cmd" or on Windows 8.1.
- To do this: Click Run, Enter "cmd", & Press Enter.
3. Type "netsh wlan show drivers" in the Command Prompt & Press Enter.
4. Look for the "Radio types supported" section.
If the network adapter supports network modes 802.11g and 802.11n:
- The computer has 2.4 GHz network capability ONLY & IS NOT Dual-Band Capable.
If the network adapter supports network modes 802.11a and 802.11g and 802.11ac and 802.11n:
- The computer has 2.4 GHz and 5GHz network capability IS Dual-Band Compable.
The network adapter supports network modes 802.11n and 802.11g and 802.11b:
- The computer has 2.4GHz network capability ONLY & IS NOT Dual-Band Capable.
Referenced from: Linksys.
The LSU Virtual Lab (VLab) is an online service which allows students to log into a Virtual Computer to access software that is installed in the computer lab. VLab is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.
- LSU Connection Server: vlab2.lsu.edu
Desktops Available & Software Installed
- ArcGIS 10.1: ArcGlobe, ArcMap, ArcScene & ArcCatalog.
- Autodesk 2015: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD Plant 3D, AutoCAD Raster Design, AutoCAD Structural Detailing, AutoCAD Utility Design, Autodesk 3ds Max Design, Autodesk Data Management, Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Mudbox, Autodesk Quantity Takeoff, Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis, Autodesk Showcase, Autodesk Simulation, Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Adviser, Backburner, Composite, Content Service, DWG TrueView, Navisworks, Navisworks Manage & SketchBook Designer.
- Miscellaneous Software: Cygwin, EndNote, FreeMat, Gaussian 09W, GaussView 5.0, GeoMedia Professional, Maple 18, Mathcad 15, MATLAB R2014a, Mathematica, SolidWorks 2012, SAS 9.3 with Enterprise Guide, SALT 2012, PuTTY, SPSS Statistics 22 & SPSS Amos 22.
All of the desktops listed above have the following packages installed on them:
- Basic Software:
- Microsoft Office 2010, Windows Accessories, Symantec Endpoint Protection, XPS Viewer & Ease of Access.
- Media Players:
- QuickTime Player, RealPlayer & Windows Media Player.
- Web Browsers:
- Chrome, Internet Explorer 9 & Firefox.
Adobe is a software with numerous programs designed to help the user create, edit, and view different types of files such as images, videos, and PDF's. These programs include Acrobat Reader, Flash Player, Photoshop, Illustrator and many more.
- Adobe Products can be purchased for home use with an Educational Discount as detailed below.
- Adobe Products are also available FREE to LSU Students, Faculty & Staff:
LSU Forwarding E-mail Accounts
There will be some changes made during the Fall 2013 Semester to the LSU Forwarding E-mail Accounts.
These changes will affect (1) Applicants to LSU, (2) LSU Students who have NOT set up a TigerMail Account (Those who opted to have their LSU e-mail Forwarded to another e-mail address), & (3) LSU Faculty & Staff who have NOT set up an LSUMail Account. (Opted to have their LSU e-mail forwarded to another e-mail address.)