Printing On-Campus: LSU Overview
On-campus printing at LSU includes printing from a lab computer or mobile device and large format printing. The print desk which can handle large format printing is located in Middleton Room 141 (in the back of the Information Commons of the library).
Print services includes the Pay-for-Print systems in the ITS Computer Labs and other locations across campus. These are printers and print job release stations managed by ITS. You can print your documents in the lab and use your Tiger Card or Geaux Card to pay for the printouts by using the release stations. In addition, you can install the printers to your laptop and print. You will still go to a release station to use your Tiger Card or Geaux Card to release the print job. Jobs are held for 90-minutes.
- The print lab has 3-ft wide paper rolls. Files in which both the height and width dimensions are bigger than the 3-ft CANNOT be printed in the LSU lab printers (LSU Print Center).
Eligibility & Order Procedures
Available To: LSU Faculty, Students & Staff.
Requirements: Must have a PAWS ID & a Tiger Card.
There are 3 Options for LSU On-Campus Printing: (1) Public Access Lab Printers, (2) LSU Copier Printers, and (3) Mainframe Printing.
(1) Public Access Lab Printers
1. Printing from Public Access Lab Machine
2. Printing From a Mobile Device (MobilePrint)
3. Printing From a Laptop (OR Print with MobilePrint.)
Basic 8.5" x 11" (Available in All Labs)
$0.05/Black and White
Large Format & Specialty Printing (Available in Middleton Library 141 Lab)
$3.75/ linear foot (heavy-weight coated)
$7.50/ linear foot (semi-gloss)
$8.50/ linear foot (glossy)
$1.00/ page for photo paper (8.5 by 11)
(Note: The print lab has 2 paper roll sizes, 3 feet and 5 feet . Files in which both the height and width dimensions are bigger than the 3 feet or 5 feet rolls CANNOT be printed. Glossy paper is available only for the 5 feet rolls which is $14/ linear foot. The print lab has 3ft wide paper rolls. Files in which both the height and width dimensions are bigger than the 3 feet CANNOT be printed.)
- Printer Locations:
- LSU has 2 Computer Lab locations that house computers and printers. Anyone with a valid PAWS ID can use the lab, anyone with a Tiger Card can print.
(Note: The Tiger Card must have funds on it to be able to print. For more information about Tiger Card and its campus locations, visit the Tiger Card website.)
- Printing Problems with LSU Lab Printers:
- If you experience a printer malfunction or poor print quality while printing at one of the LSU Public Access Computer Labs:
1. Bring your Tiger Card and your print job to the Lab Monitor on duty in the lab where the original document was printed.
2. The Lab Monitor will verify that the print job was done in that computer lab, and re-print at no additional cost.
3. If your account was charged for more pages than were meant to print, the Lab Monitor on duty can submit a Tiger Cash refund request on your behalf. Refunds can take up to 1-Month to be applied.
- Be careful, refunds WILL NOT be provided for mistakes that you are responsible for.
(2) LSU Copiers
- Install Printer Package (Copier Printers)
- Locations of Copier Printers
(3) Mainframe Printing
Frequently Asked Questions
How many different types of Printers does the does the Public Printer Labs use?
The Public Printer Labs uses three different types of printers: Normal, Large Format, and Custom. The print lab has 3ft wide paper rolls. Files in which both the height and width dimensions are bigger than the 3 feet CANNOT be printed.
What are some of the custom printing services offered in the Public Printing Labs?
The Public Printing Labs offer several different printing services, including: 11" x 17" (Tabloid), faxes, copiers, resume paper, legal size, glossy 8.5" x 11" and 4" x 6" photo paper.
** Faxes from Middleton Library can only be made locally to Baton Rouge. Faxes from the Union can be made outside of the 225 area code. **
What if I have a project on a home computer that I need to print but cannot bring the computer to campus?
Flash drives for students are available for use at the Middleton Public Lab location.
What if I am not a student but would still like to use the Public Printer Labs to print?
Temporary cards are available from the Print Desk Kiosk in Middleton for non-LSU card holders at a cost of $1. After purchasing the card, you will be directed to a Tiger Card Kiosk where you can load funds for printing on your temporary printing card.
What are the hours of the Public Printer Labs?
For current hours of the Public Printer Labs call 225-578-7554.
LSU Support & Policy Statements
Help Desk Contact Information
12/1/2014 10:00:36 AM