Eligibility & Order Procedures
Available To: LSU Main Campus Students & Law Center Students Upon Request.
Requirements: Undergraduate Students who apply to LSU can get a TigerMail Account once they attend Undergraduate Orientation. All other students (or Undergraduates Students who do not attend Undergraduate Orientation) can get a TigerMail Account once classes start & they pay their Fee Bills.
Request Service: Request a TigerMail Account
Register a TigerMail Password
Access your TigerMail Account
Delivery Time: 2-Hours after the Request for a TigerMail Account is submitted.
Your E-mail Address: [PAWS ID] @tigers.lsu.edu OR [PAWS ID] @lsu.edu. (Either of these 2 address will deliver to the same TigerMail Inbox.)
E-mail Routing: If an e-mail is sent to: @tigers.lsu.edu -- It will be delivered directly to the TigerMail Inbox. (* Recommended Method.)
If an e-mail is sent to: @lsu.edu -- It will be forwarded to the TigerMail Inbox. (* May experience delivery delays when using this method.)
Known Issues: You may experience issues when you try to send an e-mail to yourself. (For Example: FROM YOUR TigerMail Account ... TO YOUR TigerMail Account.)
To ensure that the message is delivered, the e-mail from your TigerMail account must be sent to your full TigerMail address, including the "@tigers" portion of the address (email@example.com). Sending an e-mail from your TigerMail account to your TigerMail address in the <PAWSID>@lsu.edu format (firstname.lastname@example.org) will not deliver a message to your TigerMail inbox. Messages sent in this manner will only appear in the Sent folder.
Related Links: LSU E-mail Overview & TigerMail Sponsored Account
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the file attachment limits for TigerMail?
- 25 MB (Including attachments)
How do I access my TigerMail Account?
What is my TigerMail Login ID?
- Your TigerMail login ID is the same as your PAWS ID. (Example: email@example.com)
How do I register a password for my TigerMail Account?
- Log in to the myLSU Portal and click e-mail. First time users: click Register a Password. Type a secure password and click Submit.
I can't remember my TigerMail password?
- If you are trying to log in to your TigerMail Account and cannot remember your password, you can reset it through the myLSU Portal. Log into the myLSU Portal, select Personal Preferences | Password Management. Select the TigerMail Account and click Change Password. (View detailed instructions.)
Are Student Organizations eligible for a TigerMail Account?
- Yes, Student Organizations must have a Sponsor or Advisors request the account. Requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will happen to my TigerMail Account when I Graduate or leave LSU?
LSU Support & Policy Statements
Help Desk Contact Information
LSU Policy Statements