Eligibility & Order Procedures
Available To: LSU Main Campus Students & Law Center Students
Requirements: Students who apply to LSU using the Online Applications can get a TigerMail Account when Classes Start & the Fee Bill is Paid.
Request Service: Register a TigerMail Account
Access your TigerMail Account
Delivery Time: 2-Hours after the Register a TigerMail Account request is submitted.
Your E-mail Address: [PAWS ID] @tigers.lsu.edu OR [PAWS ID] @lsu.edu. (Either of these 2 address will deliver to the same TigerMail Inbox.)
How is E-mail Routed? If an e-mail is sent to: @tigers.lsu.edu -- It will be delivered directly to the TigerMail Inbox. (* Recommended Method)
If an e-mail is sent to: @lsu.edu -- It will be forwarded to the TigerMail Inbox. (* May experience delivery delay)
Known Issues: You may experience issues when you try to send an e-mail to yourself.
For Example: FROM YOUR TigerMail Account ... TO YOUR TigerMail Account.
To ensure that the message is delivered, the e-mail from your TigerMail account must be sent to your full TigerMail address, including the "@tigers" portion of the address (email@example.com). Sending an e-mail from your TigerMail account to your TigerMail address in the <PAWSID>@lsu.edu format (firstname.lastname@example.org) will not deliver a message to your TigerMail inbox. Messages sent in this manner will only appear in the Sent folder.
Related Links: LSU E-mail Overview & TigerMail Sponsored Account
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the file attachment limits for TigerMail?
- 25 MB (Including attachments)
How do I access my TigerMail Account?
What is my TigerMail login ID?
- Your TigerMail login ID is the same as your PAWS ID. (Example: email@example.com)
How do I register a password for my TigerMail Account?
- Log in to the myLSU Portal and click e-mail. First time users: click Register a Password. Type a secure password and click Submit.
I can't remember my TigerMail password?
- If you are trying to log in to your TigerMail Account and cannot remember your password, you can reset it through the myLSU Portal. Log into the myLSU Portal, select Personal Preferences | Password Management. Select the TigerMail Account and click Change Password.
Are Student Organizations eligible for a TigerMail Account?
- Yes, Student Organizations must have a Sponsor or Advisors request the account. Requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will happen to my TigerMail Account when I Graduate or leave LSU?
- Students who graduate, their accounts are not suspended until they have not been an active LSU student for three major semesters. Alumni are given the opportunity to sign up for a FREE LSU Alumni E-mail Account.
- Students who leave the LSU before graduation will be purged after the 3rd semester of non-enrollment.
- Students in Graduate School will be purged after the 3rd semester of non-enrollment.
LSU Support & Policy Statements
Help Desk Contact Information
LSU Policy Statements