Gear 2 Geaux: LSU Overview
The LSU Student Technology Fee funds the purchase of mobile computing devices available for check-out at the Middleton Library Circulation Desk. A student ID is required to check out these items. Any items not returned will be charged to your fee bill.
You can also check-out equipment through Communication Across Curriculum.
You must be an LSU STUDENT to be eligible for Gear2Geaux.
- Apple Macbooks
- Lenovo Laptops
- Apple iPads
- Student Response System (*Clickers*)
- Canon SD700 Digital Cameras
- Sony Mini DV Digital camcorders
- Power Cords
- Phone Chargers: iPhone 5 and 4, and Android.
Eligibility & Order Procedures
Available To: LSU Students.
Request Service: Check out from the circulation desk in Middleton Library.
Delivery Timeline: Immediate / As Available.
Fees: No fees to check-out items, however Late Fees & Lost Fees will apply if applicable.
ELECTRONICS CHECK-OUT POLICY & PROCEDURES
Student ID Required:
- A current, validated LSU Student ID is required for check-out. Circulation is limited to students with check-out privileges, if you are delinquent for any reason you WILL NOT be able to check-out electronic devices. Students who routinely return electronic items late or who have checked out items and never returned them may lose their electronic checkout privileges.
Circulation of Electronics:
- Items can be checked out at the Middleton Library Circulation Desk.
- Laptops, cameras and tripods may be checked out for 72 hours.
- Apple iPads can be checked out for 7 days.
- Power cords checked out for 12 hours for building use only.
- Mini DisplayPorts to VGA Adapter checked out for 12 hours for building use only
- SRS Clickers are checked out on a per-semester basis.
- Library electronics should NOT be left unattended at any time.
- You are responsible for the ALL materials checked out on your ID card.
- Immediately report any problems, loss or damage of items to the Middleton Library Circulation Desk.
- Technically, electronic devices may not be renewed; they must be brought back to the Circulation Desk and discharged from the student’s account. If enough items are available, the item may be checked back out to the student.
- In order to renew a laptop, the Circulation Desk must have at least three laptops available for other students to use.
- NO laptop, camera or iPad can be renewed if other patrons are waiting.
Fees & Fines:
- Overdue fines are automatically charged to your student record.
- $50.00 maximum overdue fine, then replacement cost will be charged. Upon return, there will be at least a $50.00 non-refundable fee which may increase depending on length of time between billing and return of item.
- $1,680.00 replacement cost for each laptop lost - ($80 non-refundable). Note that a police report will be filed for lost equipment.
- $1.50 for every hour the clicker is overdue up to a maximum of $20.00.
- $870.00 replacement cost for a lost iPad.
- $30.00 replacement cost for a lost clicker.
- $30.00 processing fee will be added to the replacement cost of the item.
- Damage or loss charges may be applied to your University Fee Bill.
- Items will be declared lost after 24 hours.
- Library circulation privileges are suspended once items are declared lost.
- Students who check out electronics are responsible for the FULL REPLACEMENT COST if the checked-out electronic item or any peripherals are lost or stolen. Students are also responsible for the FULL REPAIR PARTS & Services if the electronic item or any peripherals are damaged.
- Borrowers will be notified about their fines according to standard Library Notification Procedures.
Return of Equipment:
- Electronics are to be returned ON TIME & INTACT (with all associated pieces, cords, bags, etc.) to the Middleton Library Circulation Desk.
- All Laptops & Cameras must be returned 15 minutes before the Circulation Desk closes.
- Repeated or extremely late return of electronic items may result in the loss of electronic check-out privileges.
- All Gear 2 Geaux items will be declared lost when they are 24 hours overdue. If laptops, iPads or cameras are not returned, a police report will be filed with the LSU Campus Police.
**Important Note: All bags are subject to search upon entering and leaving the library by LSU Security and/or Library or Computing Services personnel.
LSU Support & Policy Statements
Help Desk Contact Information
8/24/2015 10:54:52 AM