Gear 2 Geaux: LSU Overview
You must be an LSU STUDENT to be eligible for Gear2Geaux.
The LSU Student Technology Fee funds the purchase of mobile computing devices available for check-out at the Middleton Library Circulation Desk and in Patrick F. Taylor 1302. A student ID is required to check out these items. Any items not returned will be charged to your fee bill.
You can also check-out equipment through Communication Across Curriculum.
- Dell D630 Laptops
- Apple Macbooks
- Apple iPads
- Student Response System (*Clickers*)
- Canon SD700 Digital Cameras
- Sony Mini DV Digital camcorders
- Power Cords
Eligibility & Order Procedures
Available To: LSU Students.
Request Service: Check out from the circulation desk in Middleton Library.
Delivery Timeline: Immediate / As Available.
Fees: No fees to check-out items, however Late Fees & Lost Fees will apply if applicable.
ELECTRONICS CHECK-OUT POLICY AND PROCEDURES:
Student ID Required:
- A current, validated LSU Student ID is Required for check-out. Circulation is limited to students with check-out privileges, if you are delinquent for any reason you WILL NOT be able to check-out electronic devices.
Circulation of Electronics:
- Items can be checked out at the Middleton Library Circulation Desk.
- Laptops, cameras and tripods may be checked out for 72-Hours.
- Apple iPads can be checked out for 7-Days.
- Power cords checked out for 12-Hours for building use only.
- SRS Clickers are checked out on a per-semester basis.
- Each student may check out ONLY one electronic devices at a time.
- Library electronics should NOT be left unattended at any time.
- You are responsible for the ALL materials checked out on your ID card.
- Immediately report any problems, loss or damage of items to the Middleton Library Circulation Desk.
- Bring the device to the Middleton Library Circulation Desk for renewal.
- In order to renew a laptop, the Circulation Desk must have at least three laptops available for other students to use.
- NO laptop, camera or iPad can be renewed if other patrons are waiting.
- All items can only have ONE consecutive renewal.
Fees & Fines:
- Overdue fines are automatically charged to your student record.
- $10.00 for every hour the Gear to Geaux item is overdue. (For clicker charges, see below.)
- $50.00 maximum overdue fine, then replacement cost will be charged. Upon return, there will be at least a $50.00 non-refundable fee which may increase depending on length of time between billing and return of item.
- $1,680.00 replacement cost for each laptop lost - ($80 non-refundable). Note that a police report will be filed for lost equipment.
- $1.50 for every hour the clicker is overdue up to a maximum of $20.00.
- $870.00 replacement cost for a lost iPad.
- $30.00 replacement cost for a lost clicker.
- $30.00 processing fee will be added to the replacement cost of the item.
- Damage or loss charges may be applied to your University Fee Bill.
- Items will be declared lost after 24-Hours.
- Library circulation privileges are suspended once items are declared lost.
- Students who check out electronics are responsible for the FULL REPLACEMENT COST if the checked-out electronic item or any peripherals are lost or stolen. Students are also responsible for the FULL REPAIR PARTS & Services if the electronic item or any peripherals are damaged.
- Borrowers will be notified about their fines according to standard Library Notification Procedures.
Return of Equipment:
- Electronics are to be returned ON TIME & INTACT (with all associated pieces, cords, bags, etc.) to the Middleton Library Circulation Desk.
- All Laptops & Cameras must be returned 15-Minutes before the Circulation Desk closes.
- Repeated or extremely late return of electronic items may result in the loss of electronic check-out privileges.
- All Gear 2 Geaux items will be declared lost when they are 24-Hours overdue. If laptops, iPads or cameras are not returned, a police report will be filed with the LSU Campus Police.
Note: All bags are subject to search upon entering and leaving the library by LSU Security and/or Library or Computing Services personnel.
LSU Support & Policy Statements
Help Desk Contact Information
4/22/2014 9:16:18 AM