Exam Proctoring at LSU
LSU offers online exam proctoring through one of two services: ProctorU or Examity. These services allow students to complete their assessment at any location while still ensuring the academic integrity of the exam for the institution. Using almost any web cam and computer, students can take exams at home, at work, or anywhere you have internet access.
Students are responsible for meeting the following technical requirements:
- A reliable Desktop computer or laptop (not tablet) running Windows XP (or higher) or Mac OS X 10 (or higher).
- A web cam with 640×480 video pixel resolution or higher.
- Headphones or working speakers connected to the computer.
- A working microphone connected to the computer. We recommend a web cam that has a built in microphone.
- A web browser (with pop-up blocker disabled) with Adobe Flash Player installed. The newest version of Flash Player is recommended.
- A reliable, high-speed internet connection (at least 3 Mbps download speed and 3 Mbps upload – test internet speed at http://www.speedtest.net)
- The ability to allow video and screen-sharing connections to the computer utilized to take the exam.
Test your computer, web cam, and internet connection at www.ProctorU.com/Testitout.