VLab VMware Client: Linux Installation
VMware Client Installation Instructions
To use the LSU VLab or Virtual Lab, you will first need to install the appropriate version of the VLab VMware Client software. Follow the steps listed below in these installation instructions.
1. Click on System | Administration. Select Synaptic Package Manager.
2. In the Quick Search box, Type vmware & Click Search. (or press Enter on the keyboard.)
3. Select vmware-view-open-client.
4. Right-click & Select Mark for Installation.
5. Click Apply, located at the top.
6. Click Apply (again) when the Summary dialog box appears. The package will begin the installation process.
7. Click Applications | Internet | VMware View Open Client.
8. Click on VMware View Open Client to open the client. The host name is vlab2.lsu.edu.
9. Enter your [PAWS ID], [PAWS Password], & LSU for the Username, Password, & Domain information.
10. The VMware Client is now installed onto your computer.
1/10/2017 4:28:49 PM