VLab VMware Client: Mac Installation
1. When selecting a web browser, Firefox & Safari are recommended.
- This is because there are known issues when installing the VMware Client using the web browser Chrome.
- See ITS Web Browser Recommendation for more web browser information.
2. Review the Minimum System Requirements to ensure the installation can properly complete.
Some applications have trouble running over the defualt PCOIP protocol VLAB uses so it is recommended to install Microsoft Remote Desktop application.
1. Download the VMware Client: vlab2.lsu.edu.
2. Click View Client for Mac OS.
3. Find the section labeled: VMware Horizon Client for Mac & Click the Go to Downloads link.
4. Find The VMware Horizon Client for Mac product & Click the Download button.
5. Select Save File & Click OK.
6. Open the Downloads folder & double-click on VMware-viewclient.dmg.
7. Click Agree to the VMware User License Agreement.
8. Drag the VMware Horizon Client icon over to the Applications folder.
9. Open the Applications folder and click on VMware Horizion Client.
10. Click Open.
11. You may encounter a disclaimer screen such as the one shown below. Click Accept.
12. Enter your Username (PAWS ID) & Password (Your PAWS Password) then click Continue.
13. Select from the list of Available Desktops to connect.
14. The VMware Client installation is Complete.
Important Note: If you receive a Mac Keychain message (see below):
- Click Always Allow (Recommended) or Click Allow.
[Return to Top]
3/23/2017 10:51:26 AM