Gear 2 Geaux: LSU Overview
You must be an LSU STUDENT to be eligible for Gear to Geaux.
The LSU Student Technology Fee funds the purchase of mobile computing devices available for check-out at the Middleton Library Circulation Desk and in Patrick F. Taylor 1302. A student ID is required to check out these items. Any items not returned will be charged to your fee bill.
You can also check-out equipment through Communication Across Curriculum.
- Dell D630 Laptops
- Apple Macbooks
- Apple iPads
- Student Response System (*Clickers*)
- Canon SD700 Digital Cameras
- Sony Mini DV Digital camcorders
- Power Cords
Eligibility & Order Procedures
Available To: LSU Students.
Request Service: Check out from the circulation desk in Middleton Library.
Delivery Timeline or Response Time: Immediate.
Fees: No fees to check-out items, late fees and lost fees will apply.
ELECTRONICS CHECK-OUT POLICY AND PROCEDURES:
- Louisiana State University Students.
- A current, validated Louisiana State University Student ID is required for check-out. Circulation is limited to students with check-out privileges, if you are delinquent for any reason you will not be able to check-out electronics.
- Items can be checked out at the Middleton Library Circulation Desk.
- Laptops, cameras and tripods may be checked out for 72 hours.
- Apple iPads can be checked out for 7 days.
- Power cords checked out for 12 hours for building use only.
- SRS clickers are checked out on a per-semester basis.
- Each student may check out only one laptop, or iPad at a time.
- Library electronics should not be left unattended at any time.
- You are responsible for the all materials checked out on your ID card.
- Immediately report any problems, loss or damage of items to Library Circulation Desk.
- Bring laptops, cameras or iPads to the Library Circulation Desk for renewal.
- In order to renew laptops, the Circulation Desk must have at least three laptops available for other students to use.
- NO laptop, camera or iPad can be renewed if other patrons are waiting.
- All items can only have one consecutive renewal.
Fees and Fines:
- Overdue fines are automatically charged to patron record.
- $10.00 for every hour the Gear to Geaux item is overdue. (For clicker charges, see below).
- $50.00 maximum overdue fine, then replacement cost will be charged. Upon return, there will be at least a $50.00 non-refundable fee which may increase depending on length of time between billing and return of item.
- $1,680.00 replacement cost for each laptop lost - ($80 non-refundable). Note that a police report will be filed for lost equipment.
- $1.50 for every hour the clicker is overdue up to a maximum of $20.00.
- $870.00 replacement cost for a lost iPad.
- $30.00 replacement cost for a lost clicker.
- $30.00 processing fee will be added to the replacement cost of the item.
- Damage or loss charges may be applied to the student's University Fee bill.
- Items will be declared lost after 24 hours.
- Library circulation privileges are suspended once items are declared lost.
- Patrons are responsible for full replacement cost if electronic items or any peripherals charged out to them are lost or stolen, or the full repair parts and service costs if the electronic item or any peripherals are damaged.
- Borrowers will be notified about their fines according to Library notification procedures.
Return of Materials:
- Electronics are to be returned on time and intact with all associated pieces (cords, bags, etc.) to the Library Circulation Desk.
- All laptops and cameras must be returned 15-minutes before the Circulation Desk closes.
- Repeated or extremely late return of electronic items may result in the loss of electronic check-out privileges.
- All Gear to Geaux items will be declared lost when they are 24 hours overdue. If laptops, iPads or cameras are not returned, a police report will be filed with LSU Campus Police.
Note: All bags are subject to search upon entering and leaving the library by LSU Security and/or Library or Computing Services personnel.
LSU Support & Policy Statements
Help Desk Contact Information
5/22/2013 10:50:07 AM