TigerMail (@tigers.lsu.edu) will be phased out starting during the Summer 2015 semester to allow for a more robust e-mail experience and additional Office 365 services. LSU students and LSU employees will all have LSUMail (@lsu.edu) accounts. Office 365 services will include Office for download, Web Apps, and One Drive.
- Students will be given the option to "opt in" and transition to LSUMail early starting July 2015. Students can follow the steps here to migrate their data: Email: Transition from TigerMail to LSUMail.
- Incoming students: after their fee bills for the Fall 2015 semester have been paid
- Exisiting students: on July 23, 2015
- All existing student mailboxes that have not already been transitioned will be switched to LSUMail accounts on November 2, 2015. Students will need to follow steps in this article to migrate their data.
- All existing TigerMail users will retain access to their TigerMail accounts, even after switching to their LSUMail accounts, until February 1, 2016. They will no longer receive e-mails in their TigerMail accounts once they have switched. This is to allow for sufficient time for students to migrate their data.
Eligibility & Order Procedures
Available To: LSU Main Campus Students & Law Center Students Upon Request.
Requirements: Undergraduate Students who apply to LSU can get a LSU Mail Account once they attend Undergraduate Orientation. All other students (or Undergraduates Students who do not attend Undergraduate Orientation) can get a LSU Mail Account once classes start & they pay their Fee Bills.
Delivery Time: 2 hours after the Request for a TigerMail Account is submitted.
Your E-mail Address: [PAWS ID] @tigers.lsu.edu OR [PAWS ID] @lsu.edu.
E-mail Routing: If an e-mail is sent to: @tigers.lsu.edu -- It will be delivered directly to the TigerMail Inbox.
If an e-mail is sent to: @lsu.edu -- It will be forwarded to the TigerMail Inbox. (* May experience delivery delays when using this method.)
Known Issues: You may experience issues when you try to send an e-mail to yourself. (For Example: FROM YOUR TigerMail Account ... TO YOUR TigerMail Account.)
To ensure that the message is delivered, the e-mail from your TigerMail account must be sent to your full TigerMail address, including the "@tigers" portion of the address (email@example.com). Sending an e-mail from your TigerMail account to your TigerMail address in the <PAWSID>@lsu.edu format (firstname.lastname@example.org) will not deliver a message to your TigerMail inbox. Messages sent in this manner will only appear in the Sent folder.
Related Links: LSU E-mail Overview
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the file attachment limits for TigerMail?
How do I access my TigerMail Account?
What is my TigerMail Login ID?
- Your TigerMail login ID is the same as your PAWS ID. (Example: email@example.com)
How do I register a password for my TigerMail Account?
- Log in to the myLSU Portal and click e-mail. First time users: click Register a Password. Type a secure password and click Submit.
I can't remember my TigerMail password, how do I reset it?
- If you are trying to log in to your TigerMail Account and cannot remember your password, you can reset it through the myLSU Portal. Log into the myLSU Portal, select Personal Preferences | Password Management. Select the TigerMail Account and click Change Password. (View detailed instructions.)
Are Student Organizations eligible for a TigerMail Account?
- Yes, Student Organizations must have a Sponsor or Advisor request the account. Requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will happen to my TigerMail Account when I Graduate or leave LSU?
LSU Support & Policy Statements
Help Desk Contact Information
LSU Policy Statements