Windows XP: LSU Overview
Windows XP is an Operating System released by Microsoft. This product is DELETED in the GROK knowledge base.
Microsoft discontinued support for Windows XP on April 8, 2014.
Required for LSU Machines
Determine if the machine is capable of running Windows 7:
Back-up your Data:
- Back-up the data on your computer using Easy Transfer.
- Make a list of all necessary 3rd Party software packages installed. (Purchasing a new version may be necessary.)
- Disclaimer: ITS is not responsible for lost data.
Imaging Process - 2 Options:
Option 1: Install Windows 7 from TigerWare. (A full re-install is necessary due to security reasons - as opposed to upgrading.)
Option 2: Request the ITS Image of your choice. (Both are pre-configured with ITS preferred security settings.)
- Windows 7 (32-bit) & Office 2013 Image
- Windows 7 (64-bit) & Office 2013 Image
-- The tool selected to install this image is Clonezilla.
You will need to schedule an appointment to have ITS install the image on your computer by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Re-install any necessary 3rd party software packages.
- Put your backed-up data back onto your computer.
- Change the theme to Windows 7 Basic.
Troubleshooting & Support
General Support and Troubleshooting
Referenced from: Microsoft
1/31/2017 10:38:03 AM