Microsoft Excel 2007: How to Enable Macros
Archived Historical Data: Not Actively Maintained.
This article describes how to enable macros in Microsoft Excel 2007 spreadsheets.
Enable Macros in Excel 2007
1. Open Excel 2007 & click the Office button. The Office button is located in the upper left corner of the screen.
2. Click the Excel Options button, located at the bottom of this menu.
3. Click the Trust Center tab on the left side of the screen.
4. Click the Trust Center Settings button, located on the bottom-right of the screen.
5. In the new window that appears, choose Macro Settings from the sidebar and select Disable all macros with notification from the list of options that appear.
- This option keeps macros disabled; however, you will be notified when macros attempt to run.
- You will be able to decide on a case-by-case basis which macros to Enable and which to ignore (Not Enable).
6. Click OK to exit the Trust Center.
5. For the new settings to take effect, it will be necessary to close Excel and reopen it. A security dialog box should appear beneath the Office ribbon the next time you attempt to run a spreadsheet that contains macros.
7. Click the Options button when you see the Microsoft Office Security Alert appear.
8. Select the option: Enable this content. This option will allow macros to run within the current spreadsheet.
9. Click OK to close the Microsoft Office Security Alert window.
NOTE: If this doesn't work, try refreshing the worksheet.
1/9/2015 10:00:38 AM
Referenced from: Microsoft.com.
We love feedback! Please help us improve this article.