[Return to the Office 2007: LSU Overview]
The following is a guide to creating multiple headers and footers in different sections of a Microsoft Word 2007 document. If your Header or Footer is missing, see a possible resolution from Microsoft.
To Create New Section Breaks:
1. In order to create multiple headers and footers, you will use the use the "Section Breaks" feature. First, select the place on the document where you want to begin the new header and footer to begin.
2. Click the Page Layout tab. In the Page Setup section, Click the button labeled Breaks. Choose the desired break style to insert the section break. Repeat this process until the desired number of sections has been reached. The headers must be in different sections, not just on different pages, for these instructions to work. Be sure to choose one of the options under Section Breaks under the Breaks button.
Set these sections to use different headers and footers:
1. Click in the section for which it is desired to create a different header or footer.
2. On the Insert tab, in the Header & Footer group, click Header or Footer.
3. Click Edit Header or Edit Footer.
4. Select the header or footer that is located in the newly created section.
5. On the Headers & Footers tab, and in the Navigation group, click Link to Previous to break the connection between the header and footer in the new section and the previous section. Change the existing header or footer, or create a new header or footer for this section.
6. The new section will now display a different header or footer than the rest of the document.
7. Select Remove Content Control to get the header to change in different sections.
Referenced from: Office.microsoft.com