Microsoft PowerPoint 2007: Creating and Customizing Templates
Archived Historical Data: Not Actively Maintained.
Templates are presentation formats that can be saved to use for future presentations. They can be helpful when developing multiple presentations for class or business.
To create and customize a template:
1. Open a blank document and then go to the View tab.
2. Click Slide Master in the Presentation Views group.
3. Click Insert Slide Master in the Edit Master group of the Slide Master tab.
To customize your slide master, do one or more of the following:
- To remove an unwanted, default placeholder, in the slide thumbnail pane, click the slide layout that contains the placeholder, click the border of the placeholder, and
then press they delete key.
- To add a placeholder, in the slide thumbnail pane, click the slide layout that you want to contain the placeholder, and then do the following:
- On the Slide Master tab, in the Master Layout group, click Insert Placeholder, and then click the type of placeholder that you want.
- Click a location on the master slide, and then drag to draw the placeholder.
To apply a theme to your presentation, on the Slide Master tab, in the Edit Theme group, click Themes, and then click a theme.
To change the background, on the Slide Master tab, in the Background group, click Background Styles, and then click a background.
To set the page orientation for all of the slides in your presentation, on the Slide Master tab, in the Page Setup group, click Slide Orientation, and then click Portrait or Landscape.
To add text or that appears as a footer at the bottom of all of the slides in your presentation, do the following:
1. On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Header & Footer.
2. In the Header and Footer dialog box, on the Slide tab, select the Footer check box, and then type the text that you want to appear in the center bottom of your slides.
3. Click Apply to All.
Once finished customizing, follow the steps to save the document as a template for further presentations:
1. Click the Microsoft Office Button and then click Save As.
2. In the File name box, type a file name, or do nothing to accept the suggested file name.
3. In the Save as type list, click PowerPoint Template, and then click Save.
Referenced from: Office.microsoft.com
6/29/2012 1:21:00 AM
We love feedback! Please help us improve this article.