How to Split Video across Multiple Screens Using VLC?
[Return to VLC Media Player: LSU Overview]
In this section, we will discuss the advanced use of filters in VLC. The VLC filters only apply to the on-screen display and thus cannot be streamed.
Wall Video Filter:
1. Open VLC and select Tools -> Preferences -> select ALL under show settings in the bottom left hand corner.
2. Click on "+" sign besides Video -> Click on "+" sign besides filters and select Image Wall.
3. As you could see from the above image, you can specify the number of rows/columns, the aspect ratio according to your needs.
4. Press Save and restart VLC. Once you've performed the above step , you should be able to see something like the picture below ( depending upon the number of rows/columns/aspect ratio specified).
In this way, you can use the Wall video filter in VLC media player, to split video across multiple screens as desired.
If the above steps do not work, try the following:
1. Open VLC; select Tools -> Effects and Filters (Ctrl E).
2. Select Video Effects.
3. Select Vout/Overlay, here you can specify the Wall/Clone and many other options as well.
4/12/2013 12:52:08 PM
We love feedback! Please help us improve this article.