SRS Clickers: Register Your Clicker
[Return to SRS Clickers: Student Overview]
Many classes require use of a Turning Point Clicker for participation in class. This device will need to be registered each semester if it is used for an LSU class. It is recommended that you register your clicker the first week of a new semester, including intercession and summer courses. The database of users is cleared at the end of each semester (Fall, Spring, Summer and Intercession) on the day final grades are due. Following this date, registrations may begin for the following semester.
For information on how to purchase a Turning Point Clicker, see: Student Response System Clicker: How to Obtain/Purchase a SRS Clicker?
NOTE: Once you have completed this registration process, your SRS clicker should be activated within 24-Hours. Your clicker will work automatically; however, it will not be synced to your specific class until the 24-Hour period has been reached.
Register Your Clicker
See the attachment at the bottom of the page or follow the instructions listed below.
NOTE: You may register only one clicker for a given semester. If you have problems or need additional assistance registering your clicker, please contact the ITS Help Desk (578-3375 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Login to the myLSU Portal.
2. Click Student Services | SRS Keypad Registration.
3. Select LSU in drop-down menu and click Continue.
4. Enter the Keypad ID or Device ID, which is a 6 character combination of letters and numbers found below the barcode on the back of the device. Note: Double-check that you typed the ID correctly.
Important Information about the ID Code:
- The Letters come from the set: A, B, C, D, E, F
- The Numbers come from the ten digits: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- There is NO LETTER"O" in the ID Code; such an entry is the NUMBER ZERO.
5. Click the Add button to confirm your entry and look for a message to confirm that your clicker was registered successfully.
6. Once you have successfully registered your clicker, you will see a Change button and a Delete button to the right of the box in which you entered your Clicker ID.
- The Change button can be used to change your clicker id if you, for example, typed it incorrectly or decided to use a different clicker. You simply make the change in the ID typed in the box, click the Change button, and look for a confirmation message that the change was successful.
- The Delete button can be used to delete a clicker registration. If you no longer plan to use a clicker this semester and want to lend/sell your device to a fellow student, you first need to use the Delete button to delete your registration so the new clicker user can then register the device in his/her name.
7. When Registering, if you receive a message that says your Clicker ID is already registered to another individual, please contact the ITS Help Desk (578-3375 OR email@example.com).
Provide the following information:
11/18/2014 3:25:59 PM
- Your Clicker ID
- The Error Message you received when trying to register the Clicker.
- The Name of the Course.
- The Instructor for the Course for which you will be using the Clicker.