Adobe Acrobat Professional 8: Password Protection
Archived Historical Data: Not Actively Maintained.
[Return to the Adobe Acrobat Professional: LSU Overview]
As with most other file types, PDFs support a wide range of security protocols. One option the user has when securing his document is to create a password that will be necessary to view the file.
8/10/2012 2:23:03 PM
To password-protect a PDF in Acrobat Professional 8, open a document:
1. Click Secure on the main toolbar, and then scroll down to Password Encrypt.
2. Click to fill the check box next to Require a password to open the document.
3. Type a password in the Document Open Password field, and then click OK.
4. Re-enter the password, and then select OK again.
5. Acrobat will notify the user that the password will not take effect until the document is saved. Then click Yes.
6. Select Save when finished to save the PDF.
We love feedback! Please help us improve this article.