Mozilla Thunderbird: Create a New Profile
[Return to the Mozilla Thunderbird: LSU Overview]
Mozilla Thunderbird features a profile manager application that allows the user to create, modify, and delete e-mail profiles. The application is similar to Windows's various wizards, and should be easy to use for those familiar with PCs.
Note: Make sure Thunderbird is closed before continuing.
1. Click Start from the taskbar at the bottom of your desktop.
2. Type thunderbird.exe -ProfileManager in the Search or Run box, and then press Enter.
3. A dialog box should appear. Click Create Profile.
4. Click Next, and then type a name for the profile in the provided field.
5. If the default file path is unsatisfactory, click choose folder to designate a new path, and click Finish.
6. The profile manager window will reappear with the new profile in the list. To automatically log in using the new profile whenever Thunderbird is launched, fill the Don't ask at startup check box.
5/13/2013 1:37:06 PM
7. Click Start Thunderbird to launch the program using the new profile.
We love feedback! Please help us improve this article.