Firefox: Embedding Windows Media Player into Firefox
[Return to Firefox: LSU Overview]
In most cases, the Windows Media Player plugin is included in Windows itself, however, this is not always the case. If it is not included, the embedded audio and/or video will be unable to play in Mozilla Firefox. To learn how to embed Windows Media Player into Mozilla Firefox, review the following.
How to Embed Windows Media Player into Firefox
- (NOTE: Windows only- instructions for other Operating Systems are below these instructions.)
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and go to the following website: Interoperability Bridges: Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox.
2. Click the words Download Now.
3. Click the button marked Save File to save the file to the computer.
4. Select Open in the Downloads box to continue.
5. The Open Executable File dialog box should appear. Click OK to open the file.
For Mac Users:
Unfortunately, the Windows Media Player plugin for Firefox is no longer supported for OS X. Click here (view the bottom of the page) for documentation.
The officially supported plugin for embedding Windows Media Player in Firefox is now Flip4Mac, found here. It costs $6.
For Linux Users:
The supported plugin for Windows Media Player in Firefox is mplayerplug-in, found here.
-- Click here for documentation.
- NOTE: Instructions for Windows only. Installation of this plug-in may require administrative access to the computer. It is recommended that all other open browser windows are closed before continuing with this installation.
1. Click Next at the Setup Wizard box to start.
2. Check the box marked I accept the terms in the License Agreement and then click Next to continue.
3. Click Install to install the plug-in.
4. Click Finish to complete the installation progress. Changes should take effect when Mozilla Firefox is restarted.
2/23/2015 11:49:40 AM
Referenced from: Mozilla.org