VPN at LSU: Installing AnyConnect Client (Windows)
[Return to VPN at LSU: Overview]
*LSU Microsoft Licensing Note*
LSU no longer uses MAK activation keys. To change from MAK to KMS, Windows 7: MAK to KMS and Office 2010: MAK to KMS
1. ITS recommends using Chrome, Firefox or Safari. (See ITS Web Browser Recommendation for more information.)
2. Review System Requirements.
3. Java is required in order to run the installer. If the installer detects that you do not have Java, click HERE to Update Java.
(How do I install Java on a Windows Computer?)
1. Copy and paste into a browser: https://client.vpn.lsu.edu. (*This will only work off-campus*)
2. Enter your PAWS ID and password, and click Login.
(If prompted, click Yes to continue.)
3. Click Next.
4. Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement, and click Next.
5. Click Install.
6. Click Finish when the installation complete.
7. Cisco AnyConnect is installed on your computer. The installation will let you know when it is done and you can verify that the VPN client is connected by looking in the taskbar for the AnyConnect icon.
8. If necessary, type: client.vpn.lsu.edu and click Connect.
9. After you connect using VPN, then you must use Remote Desktop to connect to your office computer. View an article on setting up Remote Desktop: Windows XP: Remote Desktop.
Once you have downloaded the client to your machine, they is no longer a need to use a web browser to VPN into campus. Next time, simply run the Cisco AnyConnect problem to establish a secure, encrypted connection to campus.
5/7/2013 11:41:09 PM
Referenced from: www.cisco.com
We love feedback! Please help us improve this article.