VPN at LSU: Installing AnyConnect Client (Windows)
[Return to VPN at LSU: Overview]
LSU Microsoft Licensing Note
LSU No Longer uses MAK License Activation Keys. To change from MAK to KMS, see the following information:
Windows 7: MAK to KMS & Office 2010: MAK to KMS
1. ITS recommends using Chrome, Firefox or Safari. (See ITS Web Browser Recommendation for more information.)
2. Review System Requirements.
3. Java is required in order to run the installer. If the installer detects that you do not have Java, click HERE to Update Java.
(How do I install Java on a Windows Computer?)
1. Copy & paste into a browser: https://client.vpn.lsu.edu. (*This will only work off-campus*)
2. Enter your PAWS ID and password, and click Login.
(If prompted, click Yes to continue.)
3. Click Next.
4. Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement.
5. Click Next.
6. Click Install.
7. Click Finish when the installation complete.
8. Cisco AnyConnect is installed on your computer. The installation will let you know when it is done and you can verify that the VPN client is connected by looking in the taskbar for the AnyConnect icon.
9. Type client.vpn.lsu.edu, if necessary. (or select it from the drop-down box)
10. Click Connect.
11. After you connect using VPN, then you must use Remote Desktop to connect to your office computer. See the Connecting To Another Computer Overview for more information.
Note: Once you have downloaded the client to your machine, they is no longer a need to use a web browser to VPN into campus. To connect to the VPN, click the Connect Button.
10/31/2013 1:08:19 PM
Referenced from: www.cisco.com