Windows 7: Automatically Launch a Program at Startup
[Return to Windows 7: LSU Overview]
Location of the Startup Folder
Most programs are not automatically registered to open, when the computer is first started. This article will show how to add a program to the Startup folder, which will allow the program to launch upon starting up Windows 7.
* For an Individual User :
* For All Users :
* (' C: ' is the drive letter of your computer's System Drive (Where the Windows folder is located))
Add a Program to the Startup Folder
1. Select the Start menu and find a program to be set into the Startup folder. Right click on the desired program and select Send to > Desktop (create shortcut).
2. Locate the Startup folder and right-click, select Open. (Help me find the Startup folder!)
3. Select the shortcut, that was placed on the Desktop, and drag into the Startup folder.
4. The program will now automatically start every time the user logs into Windows 7.
Note: To stop this program from launching at startup in the future, right click on the shortcut, within the Startup folder and select Delete.
4/15/2013 9:45:18 AM
Referenced from: Windows.microsoft.com
We love feedback! Please help us improve this article.