Internet Explorer 8: How to Turn On/Off AutoComplete
Archived Historical Data: Not Actively Maintained.
[Return to Internet Explorer 8: LSU Overview]
Internet Explorer 8: AutoComplete
Google Chrome: Browsing Auto Suggestions
Turn AutoComplete ON or OFF
1. Click Tools on the command bar.
2. Select Internet Options.
3. Select the Content tab from the top of the dialog box.
4. Click on Settings in the AutoComplete section of the window.
5. In the AutoComplete Settings box, check the appropriate boxes that you would like Internet Explorer to AutoComplete.
6. Click OK.
11/14/2013 12:01:47 PM
- When auto complete is turned on, it will automatically start and begin to work. No auto complete icon will appear, following the directions from above will turn auto complete on or off.
- In order to have Yahoo! Mail addresses auto complete you must have the email address saved in your address book.
- For the Yahoo! toolbar to sucessfully autocomplete be sure it is the latest version.
We love feedback! Please help us improve this article.